Roofers work on a wide variety of houses and buildings to build, maintain, and repair roofs.
As architecture and construction methods become more advanced and adventurous, roofers are using a wider range of materials and techniques in their work.
Their primary objective is to protect a building from weather - mainly rain, wind, and snow. In some areas they also need to consider more extreme weather events such as hurricanes.
There are four main types of roofers: shinglers, who primarily install shingles, shakes, tiles, and other nail-on products on roofs; metal roofers, who focus on metal panels; flat roofers who focus on roofs such as single-ply or foam roofs; and hot roofers, who work using tar-based products.
- Building Finishing Contractors
- Civil Engineering
- Commercial & Industrial Building Construction
- Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction
- Highway, Street, and Bridge Construction
- Residential Building Construction