A pipefitter installs, assembles, fabricates, maintains and repairs a variety of mechanical piping systems that may carry water, steam and air, fuel, or chemicals.
Depending on the materials being transported, piping systems are constructed from a range of materials: utility piping typically consists of copper, PVC, CPVC, polyethylene, and galvanized pipe; whereas industrial piping is made from carbon steel, stainless steel, and many different alloy metals.
Many pipefitters are employed in the manufacturing and energy industries - particularly power stations, refineries, offshore installations, and factories.
- Building Finishing Contractors
- Civil Engineering
- Commercial & Industrial Building Construction
- Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction
- Highway, Street, and Bridge Construction
- Residential Building Construction
- Attention to Detail
- Diligence and Attention to Detail
- Operations Monitoring
Sign in or create an account to view more skills for this job.